We are so excited about your interest in becoming a volunteer! Sunshine Acres Children’s Home has been around since 1954, and so much has happened because of our dedicated volunteers! No matter the time of year, we’re happy to have a helping hand. From landscaping and painting to tutoring and helping out in the Donation Store or Boutique, we feature a myriad of ways to volunteer at Sunshine Acres.
Becoming a volunteer is an easy process. Like most other organizations, you must complete an application and background check before you can begin volunteering. Please complete the following steps, and we’ll be in touch with you about the many opportunities we have for volunteers!
- Schedule a tour with us. If you schedule a tour on Tuesday or Thursday the Volunteer Coordinator can meet with you after the tour.
- Complete the volunteer application. You can do that online, download a copy or pick up the application at our Main Office.
- Schedule an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. Be sure to bring both the volunteer application and packet with you!
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Horse Program, you’ll need to download this application.
- Please note that the AZ State form, Criminal History Self Disclosure Affidavit, is required to volunteer in all areas at Sunshine Acres and it must be notarized to be complete.
- You must have a fingerprint card to volunteer in the school, as a session instructor and/or as a chaperon in the horse program. The processing fee to obtain a fingerprint card is $67.00 Our Volunteer Coordinator can provide you additional information.